The objective of the ECIS Mentorship platform is to cultivate deep, intentional relationships on a global scale. A virtual mentoring programme enables ECIS membership schools to engage and promote mentoring relationships with global participants. This programme will encourage schools to foster a creatively diverse and inclusive culture among students and employees.
ECIS aspires to enable both informal and formal connections by tapping into the existing skills, experience, and knowledge of an extensive network of teachers and professionals from other disciplines to support and develop others. This mentoring programme will be available to all members of ECIS. The objectives of the programme are to:
• Diversify the talent within schools and organisations.
• Support and empower minority employees and students, develop their skills and network to help achieve their goals and provide equal access to opportunities for all.
• Foster knowledge sharing and development of skills amongst students and employees, which will contribute to a diverse and healthy organisation.
• Provide a structured one-on-one mentoring programme to foster a culture of development and learning with focus on diversity and inclusivity.
• Create a safe and inviting mentoring platform to engage all members of our international learning community.
• Assist ECIS members in meeting their career goals by honing new capabilities.
• Promote reciprocal learning relationships between the mentee and mentor.
• Act to develop mentoring capability. Acquire the perspective and develop the skills required to perform this professional activity. (Training is available for ECIS members).