On this first day we will explore what makes an effective teacher, how to optimise the conditions for learning, how to bring passion, flair and creativity to the classroom and develop your understanding of how the brain works. This day is supported with a strong evidence base, including essential reading of relevant research and literature from leading pedagogical experts, research organisations and online resources.
- Create foundations for confident teaching and learning
- Explore the fundamental aspects of pedagogy
- Examine lesson planning basics
- Gain a clear understanding of how children learn
- Increase your awareness of factors affecting learning
- Develop your understanding of pace and challenge in lessons