Enrichment Professional Development is for teachers and school leaders who have been teaching or implementing Cambridge programmes and qualifications for at least a year and would like to develop their practice in specific areas. This level of our training encourages teachers to reflect on, and take greater responsibility for their teaching as well as become more innovative in their classroom practice.
Timings and content
The courses last five weeks:
· Week 1: Introductions and overview of Key Concepts.
· Week 2: Exploring what effective Key Concepts looks like
· Week 3: Preparing Key Concepts techniques to try in the classroom
· Week 4: Teaching practice and reflection*
· Week 5: Planning next steps to integrate Key Concepts in teaching practice
Teachers should expect to spend 3 – 5 hours a week on the course.
*Weeks 3 and 4 will involve putting what you have learned in to practice and reflecting upon the outcome. It is important that you have access to learners during these weeks.
Successful completion of the course is based on participation in collaborative activities with teachers from around the world. The discussions and activities each week are in groups. We recommend that teachers access the course every day. A certificate is awarded to participants who complete key weekly activities and participate fully in discussions throughout the course.
Find out more about what to expect from a Cambridge International online course.