Child Protection Certification
PROTECTING THE STUDENTS IN OUR CARE
Protecting the children in our care is our most important job; learning itself depends on a child feeling safe. ECIS Child Protection Certificates set the benchmark for quality training for international schools.
ECIS Child Protection Certificates are designed for three distinct audiences, enabling your school to meet compliance standards for accreditation or inspections for:
- support staff,
- teachers and leaders,
- governors and owners.
The certificates each retail at £40, or licences are free as part of our membership packages, please see below to become a member.
ECIS are proud to be a core member of the International Task Force, with the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC) focusing on this important subject. Explore how ICMEC and the International Task Force on Child Protection are working to provide essential school resources via their education portal.
ECIS Child Protection Certificates are aligned to the enhanced Child Protection Standards. To identify which accreditation and inspection agencies have adopted the enhanced Child Protection Standards you can visit the ICMEC report here. The content and legislation have been developed by Farrer and Co, an independent law firm, and their Safeguarding Unit.
At ECIS, we believe that establishing a successful “safeguarding culture” in a school results from professional learning that includes everyone who works in or for a school — from teaching staff through school leadership and governing stakeholders. Understanding and applying the best safeguarding practices and behaviours is not for teachers alone; nor is it for school leaders alone, nor for trustees or governors alone. A vibrant and effective child safeguarding culture is a community responsibility. Each group of stakeholders must feel confident that all adults in the system are playing a vital role in ensuring a safeguarding culture.
Our certificate programme in child safeguarding is designed, therefore, around this principle of community responsibility. As a participant in our programme, you will learn how the recruitment and on-boarding of new staff, the creation and implementation of policies and procedures, and the oversight of school leadership and the associated governing body are interconnected and mutually-reinforcing areas of building a safeguarding culture.
We assess your understanding with case studies throughout the module because we want to ensure that, no matter how you identify yourself as a stakeholder in your community, you understand how the pieces are connected, so that you may rest assured that your school is building the best child safeguarding culture that it can.
- Online course is mobile-friendly as well as desktop-friendly: you can use any device to take the course!
- Highly interactive quizzes to check for comprehension, with immediate feedback
- Full versions have tailored courses for different staff members in your school
- Full versions will issue a certificate upon completion
- equips you with the skills to act appropriately and confidently, to protect the children you work with,
- acknowledges that child protection procedures are heavily influenced by the legal and cultural contexts in which your school operates, and can differ widely among regions and cultures,
- draws on key principles and a set of best practices that are of universal application, which can be implemented in any region, regardless of the applicable jurisdiction or culture of your school,
- uses a case study to provide a sense of context when applying the learnings, as captured in assessments for each course.
NEASC recognises completion of ECIS Child Protection Certificates as evidence of alignment with the NEASC Foundation Standards, within the ACE accreditation protocol, on safety.
CHILD PROTECTION CERTIFICATION IS FREE ACROSS ALL ECIS MEMBERSHIP PACKAGES
Membership terms and conditions: The Child Protection programmes retail at £40 per individual licence.
This course is available for free across all membership packages. Licences will be issued up to a maximum number relevant to each membership level. These licences will be renewed on an annual basis on receipt of your annual membership fee. Additional licences are available to be purchased at a discounted cost.