The Culture of Leadership
04, 11, 25 October & 01 November 2022
Facilitated by: Jimena Zalba and Cindy Gause Vega
Timings: 15:00-17:00 (London time) on each day
In an organisation, leaders make the weather and create the culture. This shapes how the organisation works and feels. The Culture of Leadership is an exciting core course that gets to the heart of this by focusing on international teacher leadership at the middle level, exploring the relationship between culture, context and leadership. During the course, participants explore critical aspects of the middle leader role and how their beliefs and values influence their practice. In addition, they will have the opportunity to build their leadership knowledge, understanding and skills order to strengthen their effectiveness and impact. By the end of the course, participants will have a strong understanding of why leadership matters and how they can shape the culture in their team. They will leave with a clear plan to assist them with the successful application of their learning.
- What does research claim about effective teacher leadership?
- To what extent is leadership context driven?
- How does culture impact leadership?
- How can a teacher leader develop the ability to lead effectively in different contexts?
- What are beliefs and values about leadership and how does this impact leadership practices?