MIDDLE LEADER CERTIFICATE: BUILDING & LEADING TEAMS
Tuesday 28 September (13:00 – 15:00 BST) (14:00 – 16:00 CET)
Tuesday 5 October (13:00 – 15:00 BST) (14:00 – 16:00 CET)
Tuesday 12 October (13:00 – 15:00 BST) (14:00 – 16:00 CET)
Tuesday 19 October (13:00 – 15:00 BST) (14:00 – 16:00 CET)
This course will be split into 4 sessions across 4 days and will be delivered virtually via Zoom.
In this course, these questions are explored:
- What are some characteristics of a highly functioning team?
- How can I facilitate the creation of a team focused on student learning?
- How can protocols, structures and norms facilitate thinking and a focus on student learning?
- What types of conversations are critical, and when are they likely to occur?
- What processes and behaviours can be prepared in advance to enable difficult situations and conversations to be well managed?
From the extensive body of literature and research, and from the wide array of experiences in leadership, how do we tease out what is most useful, practical and productive in leading teams?
Teachers and administrators are by definition expected to be leaders. How do we use that authority thoughtfully, sensitively, and productively? Should we find ourselves in the role of a leader without perceived authority – a more informal position, it is a different dynamic.
Regardless of the role, a teacher-leader helps to shape the culture of a school, improves student learning, and influences practice among peers.
PLUS: JOIN THE MIDDLE LEADER CAFÉ, MONTHLY VIA ZOOM
The objective is to highlight how ECIS promotes continuous Middle Leader professional development by creating a platform that is:
- Based on the needs of Middle Leaders
- Encourages collaboration with international colleagues to develop a network of Middle Leaders
- Relevant to the roles and responsibilities of Middle Leaders
- Applicable to impact teacher practice and student learning
- Sustained overtime recognizing that significant shifts in practice take considerable time and work
Check our events page for the next Middle Leader Café, we’d love to see you there!