In this two-day course, these questions are explored:
- What are some characteristics of a highly functioning team?
- How can I facilitate the creation of a team focused on student learning?
- How can protocols, structures and norms facilitate thinking and a focus on student learning?
- What types of conversations are critical, and when are they likely to occur?
- What processes and behaviours can be prepared in advance to enable difficult situations and conversations to be well managed?
From the extensive body of literature and research, and from the wide array of experiences in leadership, how do we tease out what is most useful, practical and productive in leading teams?
Teachers and administrators are by definition expected to be leaders. How do we use that authority thoughtfully, sensitively, and productively? Should we find ourselves in the role of a leader without perceived authority – a more informal position, it is a different dynamic.
Regardless of the role, a teacher-leader helps to shape the culture of a school, improves student learning, and influences practice among peers.
ECIS NON-MEMBERS – €700.00
ECIS MEMBERS – receive the below discounts from €495.00
Level 1 @ 10% discount – €445.50
Level 2 @ 15% discount – €420.75
Level 3 @ 20% discount – €396.00
If you are currently not an ECIS member, you can visit our website (www.ecis.org/member) for more information, or contact our membership team for more information on how to register, on email address: email@example.com.