DEVELOPING CRITICAL GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES
RECOGNISING YOUR PLACE IN THE WORLD
What is at the heart of developing critical global perspectives? Why is it important? What is the difference between global competences, international-mindedness, intercultural understanding, global citizenship? Exploring and developing these concepts and skills helps us to reflect upon how diversity can promote constructive self-criticism, different perspectives and respectful curiosity towards others.
All our work at ECIS is seen through the lenses of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ). We believe that increased engagement with Critical Global Perspectives and action to make a difference, are an imperative in schools. We seek a better understanding of our world, it’s constructed systems and social complexity. We strive towards an appreciation of each other, so that we can co-create opportunities for diverse and inclusive communities, for current and future generations.
Designed for teachers and also relevant to senior students and parents, the ECIS Developing Critical Global Perspectives course invites you to be intentional about how you plan and shape the development of Critical Global Perspectives in your school and the wider community. A call to action, the course supports ways for planning next steps.
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE 3 COURSE MODULES INCLUDE:
- Outlining some of the concepts that underpin critical global perspectives, and why developing global perspectives is important.
- Developing multiple lenses through which we can understand our impact in the world. Focusing on identity, power, oppression and privilege and how these connect our personal experiences, challenges and opportunities, to those experienced at global levels. Considering ways of responsively interacting with others across cultures, values and identities.
- Initiating action steps toward cultivating critical global perspectives with students, in our schools and beyond.
This is a self-study, online course that is aimed at helping you take stock of strengths and opportunities for growth, as you and your school move forward. The course takes abut 2 hours to complete.
- Online course is mobile-friendly as well as desktop-friendly: you can use any device to take the course!
- Interactive quizzes to check for comprehension, with immediate feedback
- Certificate issued upon completion
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete this interactive course.
£50 + VAT*
All licences are for a 12-month period.
*VAT will be charged as per the place of supply rules where the consumer is located within the EU.
To find out about our online Developing Critical Global Perspectives course contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: This course is available as part of ECIS School Membership: Learn more.